Why are those two guys shouting at each other?



As usual, today I went for a short swim after work at the toa payoh public pool. And as usual, it was half filled with China dudes. Nothing against them, but man, if you can't swim, please don't stick your ass in my lane and hog it.

But that's not the point of today's post.

As I was washing up in the toilet, my delicate ears were assaulted by what at first seemed like a fight between two China dudes.

After careful listening and making out of the accent, I realised they were just having a normal conversation. Albeit at a much higher decibel than most conversations I'm used to.

When I came out of the cubicle, I saw both of them standing about 2 meters away from each other, and changing. They seem to be having a nice normal chat. But boy were they LOUD! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hear them from the other side of the pool.

Granted, the toilet was enclosed, so maybe they seemed much louder than they were.

But man. LOUD!

So I was wondering, why do they talk as if the other person was deaf? This seems to be a common trend among the China citizens here.

Is it because China is so big, so everyone is so spread out, and thus everyone has to shout to each other to be heard over the distance?

But seriously, it should be a culture thing eh. Maybe its a thing that the louder a person is, the stronger, or richer, or smarter, or righter, or just generally better they are in their culture?

I guess next time I should TALK LOUDER TO SEEM SMARTER THEN. :)

But well, this is just a small rant. Don't take it too seriously. And this post is meant for entertainment purposes only. :-) I'm not xenophobic or anything. Heh.

P.s: as I'm typing this in the bus, I think the couple in front of me is breaking up. O.o

0 comments :

Post a Comment