South Park and the Economy


I never knew South Park was so deep. Hahaha.

Chanced upon a random episode of southpark, showing an economic crisis. In the show it depicts finger-pointing, practicing the exact opposite of what you preach, and just how dumb people can be to follow whoever is the smoothest talker in town.
Is that how the economy really works? By milking people in debt? Boy am i glad that I'm living in the Asian culture of saving.

Yet, however, there are still people out there, who spend on impulse, with no regard for the future. For them, the line between wants and needs are blurred beyond recognition. I still don't get how some people can just spend, and still spend, even when they are in debt. The interest keeps rolling, and every month they are just working to pay off their debt. Is the want that worth it?

I just don't get it.

Watch this South Park Episode

I think i shall go and watch more episodes. :D

2 comments :

  1. I never understood people who don't save too. I'd feel too insecure, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That's cuz we were brought up in the asian culture i guess. Talk to an American, maybe he'll think you're crazy for saving when you could spend. Lol.

    ReplyDelete